This healing treatment has been around for centuries. Its origins lies with the native american indian hopi tribe. It is a non invasive fully clothed treatment.
The hopi ear candle is a hollow tube made from a beeswax linen fabric, that is impregnated with honey and medicinal herbs.
The treatment involves the hollow candle being inserted into the ear and lit. The warm dry smoke from the candle draws out excess fluids, wax and toxic debris from the ear. At the same time vaporised beeswax and herbs in the smoke infuse the natural infection fighting properties into the inner ear, sinuses and lymph drainage system.
This is a one hour treatment.
Some of the conditions that can benefit from hopi ear candling are:
• Improved smell and taste
• Rhinitis (hayfever)
• Colds and flus
• Circulation disturbance in the ear
• Noises in the ear, ringing (thinnitus)
• Excessive or compacted wax in the ears
• Aids most ear, nose and throat conditions
• Eliminating water after showers, swimming and underwater diving
• Soothing, calming, and relaxing influence in the case of hyper-excitation anxiety and stress symptoms
• Helps to balance fluids in the labyrinth i.e., vertigo, Menieres syndrome
• Re-balancing the auricular pressure after air flights and mountain/ high altitude stays
PEASE NOTE :
Please consult your doctor if there is any pain in the ear or sinuses before making an appointment. Ear candling is not an alternative to ear syringing performed by your doctor but a course of treatments can loosen, soften and prepare for the removal of the excessive wax that has built up in the ear.
“It is health that is real wealth, not pieces of silver and gold”